We are glad to announce a course on Linux Fundamentals which every Software Professional should be aware of. Before getting into details, we are not experts in Linux and we are only trying to share our experience of using handful of Linux commands and ability to write simple shell scripts for most common use cases.
If you fall in any of the below categories, then this course is for you
- Computer Science or Information Technology Student
- Testing Professional
- Production Support or Operations
- Software Engineer/Application Developer
- Data Engineer or Big Data Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Any other role except for Systems Administrator
- If you are Systems Administrator with extensive experience in managing Linux based systems, then this course might not be for you.
It might not make much of difference to your career immediately, but the course will make you
- comfortable while working on day to day tasks
- automate the daily mundane tasks
- hack to get the information from files for debugging the issues
At the end of the course your productivity or learning ability will improve for sure.
We will understand basic concepts, most common commands, basic shell scripting, automating simple use cases, virtualization and more.
Here are the details
- Overview of Hardware, Operating Systems and launching AWS EC2 instances
- Connecting to servers – detailed session on SSH, users and groups, profile, telnet, ping and firewalls/security groups
- Manipulating Files and Managing Directories including basic file permissions and ACLs
- Important commands – getting help, list files, search/find for files, copying files between the servers
- Manipulating data – Piping output to commands, searching/filtering, transforming, sorting, getting unique values
- System commands – Operating System, details about CPU, storage as well as memory, get process details and understand standard directories
- Regular Expressions, overview of vi or vim editor
- Basics of shell scripting – Scripting tools and developing one liners
- Basics of shell scripting – Develop shell script to issue commands on multiple nodes and save output to file
- Basics of shell scripting – Develop shell script to validate all the tables passed in a file
- Setting up Virtual environment (using Virtualbox and Vagrant)
- Understanding AWS in detail